TABLE OF CONTENTS:
2. Data We Collect
3. Online Tracking
4. How We Use The Information We Collect
5. Sharing Your Information
6. How We Protect Your Information
7. Information Relating to Children
8. Where We Store Your Information
9. How Long We Store Your Information
10. Data Deletion
11. Access To and Choices Regarding Your Information
12. How To Contact Us
The information we collect about you through your use of Apalon Apps is controlled by IAC in accordance with Irish law and in particular with the Irish Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
When you use an Apalon App, IAC may collect data, including information which directly or indirectly identifies you. Your information may be kept in an identifiable format, or in an aggregate format which means that you cannot reasonably be identified from it. The information we collect about you includes:
- If an Apalon App offers you the option to register, we will collect the information you provide to us in the registration form. This may include identification data such as your name, email address or other account or registration information.
- We will also collect your information when you use Apalon Apps such as when you post or share material, upload data, request further services or make selections using the Apalon Apps, if such functionality is available in the Apalon App.
- If you opt-in, some Apalon Apps (e.g. Apalon’s sleep tracker app, Good Mornings) may collect movement data from your phone.
- We will collect information about you when you interact with us such as when you report a problem, contact or communicate with us.
- We may collect certain device information and electronic identifiers such as your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system, your mobile operating system details and the name of your mobile carrier. For example, if you use the iOS platform then Advertiser IDs (also known as "IDFAs") may be collected. Other identifiers collected may include IP addresses, OpenUDID, Session ID, ODIn1, iOS Vendor IDs, MAC addresses, IMEI, Android ID for Android platform, and ODIN1 for OS X (together with the IDFAs, the "App Identifiers").
- Information about how and when you use the Apalon App. This includes the amount of times you used the Apalon App, which parts of it you viewed and other technical data such as country settings and timestamps.
- Geolocation data, which is any information which indicates the geographical position of your device and which may include the time the location was recorded. Before processing any precise GPS geolocation data, the Apalon App will require you to give your consent, which you can revoke by changing the privacy settings of your device.
- We automatically collect certain information from your device when you use the Apalon App including information about your device, carrier and other technical data.
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected from you on our Apalon Apps for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the links below to the NAI "Consumer Opt-out," DAA opt-out, and Google opt-out that are only applicable to participating third parties, which does not include IAC. As stated below you may also block certain App Identifiers by changing the settings of your device. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions.
We may use your information we collect to:
- Deliver the Apalon Apps to you and ensure their optimal functionality and operation;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content;
- In accordance with applicable law, communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices (including through in-application advertising) about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our parent or subsidiary companies or other third parties. If you do not wish to receive in-application advertising, you can upgrade to the paid version of the app.;
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests and to measure its effectiveness;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes and in order to conduct polls and surveys;
- Enforce our terms, conditions and policies and to communicate with you;
- Manage and improve the Apalon App. For this purpose, we may use and combine your information which we collect across different Apalon Apps used by you;
- When we collect your precise GPS geolocation data (subject to your consent), we do so for the purpose of providing you with our location-related products and services, for example to provide you with forecast and weather alerts for your location.
- When you share your information with us via a social network provider like Facebook, we use this to show information on your social network profile (subject to your privacy setting and preferences for such social network) and to allow you to share information about our services with your connections or on your social network profile.
- When you use the Apalon App, we may use the App Identifiers to facilitate access to the Apalon Apps, help us recognize you across different Apalon Apps, to enable you to use the Apalon Apps, to personalize your experience, to increase security, measure the use and effectiveness of our Apalon Apps and serve advertising. You can block certain App Identifiers by changing the settings of your device.
We do not share your information with others except as indicated below:
- We may share your information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our Apalon Apps functionality, and supporting marketing promotions (e.g., contests and sweepstakes) surveys and other features offered through our Apalon Apps. These service providers may have limited access to your information, which is needed to perform their functions, but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- When you engage in promotions offered through the Apalon Apps, we may share your information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes; unless, we have otherwise committed to you that we will not share specific information you provided. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- We may also allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, parent and subsidiary companies, affiliates, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements in the Apalon Apps or use App Identifiers for the purpose of advertising and direct marketing. These companies may use technologies to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
- We combine information internally at IAC across different Apalon Apps. This means, for example, that we may combine your information from our Notepad app with information we have about you in our Emoji app. This will enable us to provide more tailored and personal experiences and services to you across our family of Apalon Apps which is described www.apalon.com
- Other Situations. We may disclose your information (i) in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency, (ii) in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; (iii) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; (iv) to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; (v) to enforce our Apalon Apps terms and conditions or other agreements or policies; and (vi) in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business or the Apalon Apps, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale or transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. In addition, we may share aggregated information we collect, under any of the above circumstances, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other legitimate business purposes. Please note that such aggregated information will not include any information which allows third parties to identity you.
The security and confidentiality of your information is very important to us, so we take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. Please know that, despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
The Apalon Apps are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect (or knowingly allow any third party to collect) information from persons under the age of 13. If we become aware that information has been collected from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information and terminate the person's account as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at [email protected] and we will promptly delete that information.
Uninstallation and removal methods vary depending on your device. To uninstall and remove the Apalon Apps, please use the application manager provided with your device or consult your device manual for reference. Any of your data stored by us will be deleted after a reasonable period following deletion of an Apalon App.
You have the right to access information held about you or require it to be modified if inaccurate or deleted. Your right of access can be exercised by contacting us using the details set out below. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
IAC Search and Media Europe Ltd.
Unit 1, Digiweb Building
College Business and Technology Park
Blanchardstown North Road, Dublin 15 Ireland
END OF DOCUMENT.
© 2015 IAC Search and Media Europe, Ltd. All rights reserved.