TABLE OF CONTENTS:
2. Data We Collect
3. How We Use The Information We Collect
4. Cross-App Advertising and Other Interest-Based Advertising Technologies
5. Sharing Your Information
6. How We Protect Your Information
7. Information Relating to Children
8. Where We Store Your Information
9. How Long We Store Your Information
10. Data Deletion
11. Access To and Choices Regarding Your Information
12. How To Contact Us
The information we collect about you through your use of Apalon Apps is controlled by IAC in accordance with Irish law and in particular with the Irish Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, as amended or replaced from time to time.
When you use an Apalon App, IAC may collect data from your mobile device, including information which directly or indirectly identifies you. Your information may be kept in an identifiable format, or in an aggregate format which means that you cannot reasonably be identified from it. The information we collect about you (collectively and individually, the "Information") includes:
- If an Apalon App offers you the option to register, we will collect the Information you provide to us in the registration form. This may include identification data such as your name, email address or other account or registration data.
- We will also collect your Information when you use Apalon Apps such as when you post or share material, upload data, request further services or make selections using the Apalon Apps, if such functionality is available in the Apalon App.
- If you opt-in, some Apalon Apps (e.g. Apalon's sleep tracker app, Good Mornings) may collect movement data from your phone.
- We will collect Information about you when you interact with us such as when you report a problem, contact or communicate with us.
- We may collect certain device data and electronic identifiers such as your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system, your mobile operating system details and the name of your mobile carrier. For example, if you use the iOS platform then Advertiser IDs (also known as "IDFAs" if you have an Apple device or "Android Ad IDs" if you have an Android device) may be collected. Other identifiers collected may include IP addresses, OpenUDID, Session ID, ODIn1, iOS Vendor IDs, MAC addresses, IMEI, Android ID for Android platform, and ODIN1 for OS X (together with the IDFAs, the "App Identifiers").
- Information about how and when you use the Apalon App. This includes the amount of times you used the Apalon App, which parts of it you viewed and other technical data such as country settings and timestamps.
- Geolocation data, which is any Information which indicates the geographical position of your device and which may include the time the location was recorded, and may include precise (e.g., GPS-level) location data. Some Apalon Apps may collect this data when the App is not open or actively in use (This may help us or third parties to customize information, content, or offers to you, for instance.) The Apalon App and/or your mobile device may provide options for you to control the use and/or sharing of precise device location data.
- We automatically collect certain Information from your device when you use the Apalon App including Information about your device, carrier and other technical data.
We may use the Information (elements of which we may use alone or in combination with each other data/Information) we collect to:
- Deliver the Apalon Apps to you and ensure their optimal functionality and operation;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content;
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices (including through in-application advertising) about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our parent or subsidiary companies or other third parties. If you do not wish to receive in-application advertising, in some cases you can upgrade to the paid version of the app;
- Develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness. For instance, we, or these third parties may serve music-related ads or offers to users who have installed music-related apps (whether or not these are Apalon Apps). Similarly, users who frequently visit music-related venues may likewise receive ads or offers to install music-related apps;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes and in order to conduct polls and surveys;
- Enforce our terms, conditions and policies and to communicate with you;
- Manage and improve the Apalon App(s). For this purpose, we may use and combine your Information which we collect across different Apalon Apps used by you;
- When we collect your precise geolocation data (subject to your consent) (which may be via the device's cellular, Wi-Fi, Global Positioning System (GPS) networks and/or Bluetooth information), we do so to provide you with our location-related products and services, for example to provide you with forecast and weather alerts for your location, and also to facilitate, measure, or otherwise support advertising by third parties (through our apps or third parties' apps) that may be related to your location over time.
- When you share your Information with us via a social network provider like Facebook, we use this to show Information on your social network profile (subject to your privacy setting and preferences for such social network) and to allow you to share Information about our services with your connections or on your social network profile.
- When you use the Apalon App(s), we may use the App Identifiers to facilitate access to the Apalon Apps, help us recognize you across different Apalon Apps, to enable you to use the Apalon Apps, to personalize your experience, to increase security, measure the use and effectiveness of our Apalon Apps and serve advertising. You can block certain App Identifiers by changing the settings of your device.
If you wish to opt out of interest-based cross-application tracking through your mobile device, you can do so through your device "settings", as follows (but please note that the below is for informational purposes only and Apple, Google, or other device platforms may change the manner in which their "opt out" settings work at any time): Please note that if you opt out through these settings, you will continue to receive advertising after you opt-out, but it may not be tailored to your interests. For instance, that advertising may be based on your real-time or "contextual" application usage or general location inferred from IP address.
Opting Out on iOS Devices Such as iPhones, iPads or iPods
If you have an Apple device, you can opt out of mobile interest-based or "cross-app" advertising by updating to iOS 6.0 or higher, and setting Limit Ad Tracking to 'ON'. On an iPhone 6 for example, you can do this by clicking on Settings -> General -> Privacy -> Advertising and toggling "Limit Ad Tracking" to 'ON'. Our systems are designed to respect your choice and not use Information to provide interest-based advertising when this setting is ON.
Opting Out on Android Devices
If you have an Android device and would like to opt out of mobile interest-based or "cross-app" advertising, you may do this as follows:
- Open the Google Settings app on your device
- Select Ads
- Opt out of interest-based ads
We may sometimes work with partners to help us or help them correlate content or ads provided to users
across devices or browsers. For instance, a brand may wish to use the Information that we collect (or
data that its own partners collect) to send offers to its customers across both mobile applications and
browsers. We thus also provide the links below to the NAI "Consumer Opt-out," DAA opt-out, and
Google opt-out that are only applicable to participating third parties, which does not include IAC. As
stated above, you may also block certain App Identifiers by changing the settings of your device.
However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the
Internet industry has not reached a consensus as to Do Not Track standards, implementations and
We may share your Information as follows:
- We may share your Information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our Apalon Apps functionality, and supporting marketing promotions (e.g., contests and sweepstakes) surveys and other features offered through our Apalon Apps. These service providers may have limited access to your Information, which is needed to perform their functions, but are not permitted to share or use such Information for any other purposes.
- When you engage in promotions offered through the Apalon Apps, we may share your Information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes; unless, we have otherwise committed to you that we will not share specific Information you provided. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other Information to that merchant.
- We may also allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, parent and subsidiary companies, affiliates, advertising companies and ad networks, to display advertisements in the Apalon Apps or other apps or use App Identifiers for the purpose of advertising and direct marketing. These companies may use technologies to collect data about users, including non-precise and/or precise location data, to help them tailor relevant ads and content and analyze and measure ads' effectiveness or, more generally, brand and mobile audiences. These companies may collect this data through SDKs or from users who view or interact with their advertisements. We combine Information internally at IAC across different Apalon Apps. This means, for example, that we may combine your Information from our Notepad app with Information we have about you in our Emoji app. This will enable us to provide more tailored and personal experiences and services to you across our family of Apalon Apps which are described www.apalon.com
- Other Situations. We may disclose your Information (i) to respond in good faith to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; (ii) in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; (iii) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; (iv) to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; (v) to enforce our Apalon Apps terms and conditions or other agreements or policies; and (vi) in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business or the Apalon Apps, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale or transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. In addition, we may share aggregated Information we collect, under any of the above circumstances, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other legitimate business purposes. Please note that such aggregated Information will not include any Information which allows third parties to identity you.
The security and confidentiality of your Information is very important to us, so we take security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. Please know that, despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
The Apalon Apps are not directed to children under the age of 13. If we become aware that Information has been collected from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this Information and terminate the person's account as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have Information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at [email protected] and we will promptly delete that Information.
Uninstallation and removal methods vary depending on your device. To uninstall and remove the Apalon Apps, please use the application manager provided with your device or consult your device manual or online instructions provided by the device provider for reference.
You may have the right to access Information held about you or require it to be modified (if inaccurate) or deleted. Your right of access can be exercised by contacting us using the details set out below. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the Information we hold about you.
IAC Search and Media Europe Ltd.
Unit 1, Digiweb Building
College Business and Technology Park
Blanchardstown North Road, Dublin 15 Ireland
© 2016 IAC Search and Media Europe, Ltd. All rights reserved.